Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Journal #10 (GOOD is Great!)

A Brief GOOD Bio:

GOOD is the integrated media platform for people who want to live well and do good. We are a company and community for the people, businesses, and NGOs moving the world forward. GOOD's mission is to provide content, experiences, and utilities to serve this community.GOOD currently produces a website, videos, live events, and a print magazine. Launched in September 2006, the company has garnered praise for its unique editorial perspective and fresh visual aesthetic and is quickly positioning itself as a significant new voice in our culture.In 2010, GOOD started "Good Projects"— a new kind of agency focused on helping businesses and organizations do well by doing good. GOOD Projects works with clients to engage communities and bring great ideas to life.

What GOOD has to say about itself:

"GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits pushing the world forward. Since 2006 we've been making a magazine, videos, and events for people who give a damn."

GOOD is Great!

From the first line in their bio, to their portfolio examples, I am in love with the ideals and concepts that found this company. Coming into college, I knew that I didn't want to sit around filling prescriptions all day, every day. However, I wanted to help people. So, almost instinctively I chose a pre-pharmacy path. Three years later, I am a graphic design and strategic communications major. Since my abrupt change in majors, I have not only been looking for a way to utilize my education in a way that fulfills my deep desire to help others, but finding a career path that I will be able to put my journalism and design experience to use. All in one website, I have found all of this. I am not saying that I have decided this is where I want to work for the rest of my life, or even at all, it is simply a reassurance that I find most uplifting during an incredibly stressful week. GOOD's website is definitely now a permanent part of my bookmarks for me too keep an eye on and always keep in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment