Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Journal #6 (Make the F-er Shimmer!)

“What single example of design inspires you most?” and “What problem should design solve next?”

The following are the five designers that I find most interesting and chose to comment on their opinions.


JAKE MCCABE
-8 1/5 x 11 piece of paper - amount effort it takes to produce this products- becoming a luxury
-When approaching a project, think about something that no one has asked you to think about
ME-I picked Jake because of his comment about paper. I am an admitted paper freak, and love his acknowledgment of it's significance in the world. It is, with out a doubt, one of the most underrated and taken for granted every-day objects in today's society.

MARC LATHUILLIÉRE
-Finds inspiration in a bottle of vodka- he says, you think everything is visible upon sight, but you can no fully understand the power of a little bit of it
"Speech does not expose or hide, it indicates."
ME-I wish that everyone had the same view on speech as Marc; the world would be a much more honest place to live.

JOHN M. MILITELLO
-"It is the design mind that inspires me" - not so much the design of the product but the use, the design mind challenges people everyday, challenges the user in a good way, to rethink what is aesthetic beauty, form and functions and how things work with one another, And how things just work and can be intuitive.
ME- John's was by far my favorite interview that I listened to. I think his in depth analysis of what actually inspires him can be relevant to just about every person, in all areas of study.

K. KIRK & N. STRANDBERG
ME-I gave up listening to what the couple was actually saying because of my fascination with their presentation style (Iphone-powerpoint). Loved it!

STEFAN BUCHER
The needless ambition of hummingbirds
"Seeing the little beak go into the little swaying glass tube is a little bit more amazing then pulling through the drive though at McDonalds."
ME-This guy was the last I listened to, total nut, but totally made me smile.

Stefan's final remark that I will leave you with: "MAKE the fucker SHIMMER"

No comments:

Post a Comment