Monday, February 7, 2011

Rules to Live, and not live, By

Typographer and author, David Jury, has graciously provided us with an article called, "Twenty Rules for Making Good Design." - Rules can be broken but never ignored.

Three rules I took from this article that I think are most important include:
-Have a concept
-Negative space is magical- create it, don't just fill it up
-Be decisive, do it on purpose or not at all

Not only are these the three rules that I consider to be most important, but also the three that I need to be most conscious about and work on the most.

Rules NOT to sweat over:
-Be universal- its not all about You (I am still in school, so technically, it is).
-Create images, don't scavenge (Andrea says we can, so her law overrules Jury's).

No comments:

Post a Comment